Ranchi Branch of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India was inaugurated by CA. R. Balakrishnan President ICAI under the Chairmanship of Late CA. U. Narain on 16th May, 1987 with 53 Members as 58th Branch of the Institute and the 15th Branch in the Central India Region.
At present its membership strength is 670 Member and 4645 Students.
Ranchi Branch own building ICAI Bhawan, at Dr. Mukti Saran Lane, H. B. Road, Ranchi was inaugurated by CA. Uttam Prakash Agrawal, President ICAI on 15th. December, 2009 under the Chairmanship of CA. Mahendar Kumar Jain. Foundation stone of ICAI Bhawan was laid down by CA. Sunil H. Talati President ICAI on 21st. November, 2007 under the Chairmanship of CA. V.K.Gaddhyan. The present building is of around 4200 Sq. Ft with Three Floors consisting of Administrative office and library on First Floor, ITT Lab on 2nd.Floor and Multipurpose Conference Hall on 3rd. Floor.
Day by day Ranchi Branch of the Institute of Chartered Accountants is reaching new heights. The Ranchi Branch under its aegis conducted various National and Regional level programmes for its members and students. Based on the activities and performance the Ranchi Branch has been awarded the following awards:
- “Highly Commended Performance Certificate” at the all India level awarded by the Central Council in 2007
- “2nd Best Branch Award” in the Central India Region in 2006
- “Best Branch Award” in the Central India Region in 2007
- CIRC Commendation Award – 2009
- “2nd Best Branch Award” in the Central India Region in 2011.
- “Best Branch Award” in the Central India Region in 2012
- “Second Best Branch Award” in the Central India Region in 2012 for CICASA
- “CICASA Highly Commendable Branch Award” in the Central India Region in 2013 for CICASA
- “Gold Branch Award” in the Central India Region in 2014
- “CICASA Gold Branch Award” in the Central India Region in 2014 for CICASA
Consider the Statistics
- Exam Centre first started at Ranchi City in – 1999
- Passing Percentage of Ranchi Centre – 20%
- All India average (Pass percentage) – 10%
|Organise various Seminars/ Conferences/ Workshops for Members and Students in Various topics.|
|Submission of Registration Forms for CPT Course and delivery of Study Materials direct to Students.|
|Conducting 100hrs Information Technology Training Course for CA Students.|
|Conducting General Management & Communication Course for CA Students.|
|Conducting Post Qualification Course on Information System Audit Practical Classes. Till to date conducted 4 batches of ISA-PT Classes.|
Out of four hundred members of Ranchi Branch around 200 members is in Practices and more than 200 members in Service in various organizations like CCL, CMPDI, MECON, SAIL, BPCA, HLL, E&Y, PWC etc. Some members are aboard of India in Dubai, USA, United State, China etc.